A dental practice in Colorado approached us asking for help with their marketing. This client already has an online presence, but the site was not appearing in the local pack for its target terms. Their main aim was to increase overall organic traffic in order to boost the number of leads that come through their website.
Conducted an in-depth SEO analysis to identify onsite and offsite issues to be fixed. To break it down, these were the actions we implemented on the site.
- HTTPS redirection. Although the website has already migrated to the HTTPS, they forgot to 301 redirect the HTTP version of the site to the HTTPS version. Upon further investigation, we found out that the majority of the site backlinks were pointed to the HTTP version of the site. We have set up a page-to-page 301 redirection.
- Crawl budget optimization. We have found unnecessary pages from the site indexed by Google. To stop site crawl budget waste, we added a NoIndex, NoFollow tags on those unimportant pages of the site.
- Keyword cannibalization. We found out that every pages of the site have the term “dentist in + location”. We have fixed the issue and performed further optimization by adding targeted keywords on the page H1 tags.
- Internal linking. We implemented an aggressive internal linking strategy by using exact and partial match anchor text, pointing to the important pages of the site (HOMEPAGE & SERVICES)
- Schema markup. Implemented an advanced schema markup by using additional properties.
Google Business Profile (GBP) Optimization. We implemented a bunch of GBP optimization including:
- Added a keyword-optimized and compelling description.
- Added secondary categories. We conducted competitors analysis to find-out secondary categories top-ranking listings were using.
- Uploaded high-quality and geo-tagged images.
- Respond to customers' reviews.
- Practitioner listings deoptimization. We claimed and updated the primary category of various practitioner listings to make sure that it will not compete with the practice GBP listing.
- Google Post. We keep the GBP listing active by adding at least 1 GBP post weekly.
- Use a review management system to collect consistent positive reviews to the GBP listing.
- Citation optimization. Ensure that all NAP (Name, Address, and Phone Number) data from the top-tier directories are correct, consistent, and complete.
- Inbound Link Acquisition. We conducted a competitor analysis to find local and relevant links that we can replicate.
The local SEO campaign has been successful in our initial goals, increasing new patient inquiries with increased visibility in the search engines. The client's main target keywords are now ranking on the Map pack. Website visibility in search results has improved dramatically. All of this has greatly increased the number of incoming leads through phone calls and form submissions for this client.