Episode 17: An Introduction to Social Media for Doctors
The use of social media is a great way to connect with your existing or future patients. In this episode, Tyson talks about the different types of social media platforms and how can this help benefit your practice.
What was discussed?
- Quote for the day is “Where you are right now doesn’t have to be where you end up. Decide where you end up.”
- We talked about four different social media platforms:
- Google Plus
- Set-up a Facebook business page that is separate from your personal page.
- Facebook business page gives you insights and analytics about your business that personal pages do not.
- Twitter-keep things nice, short and exact to the point.
- Using visuals such as picture are a great way to get engagement.
- Build your community or followers in Google Plus to increase visibility and potentially increase your search engine rankings.
- Instagram is a visual based social media platform, a good way to showcase your work.
- Resist the urge to sell, and instead try and provide value.
- Engage and interact with your followers.