Episode 9: What are backinks? Do I need them? How can I get them?
In this episode of The 10 Minute Healthcare Marketing Podcast, Tyson further explains what backlinks are, how you can get them, and why they are important to your search engine rankings.
What was discussed?
- Quote for the day comes from Bruce Lee, “The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus.”
- Backlinks are a referral from one website to another, similar to a referral from one person to another.
- 2 types of links are “no follow” and “do follow”.
- “Do follow” passes authority or “linkjuice” from the referrer’s website to yours and helps increase your rankings in the search results.
- “No follow” does not pass this authority and won’t typically increase your rankings.
- Both are good to have but “Do follow” is better as far as helping you get up higher in the search results.
- Get backlinks by guest blogging, getting listed in directories and by networking.
- Are backlinks important? Yes they are. They are signs of an active and a healthy business.
- The number of backlinks needed to rank well in the search results depends on the competitiveness of the terms and market.