Episode 36: How can business directory listings help your online presence?
In this episode, talks about business directory listings (citations) and the role they play in your online marketing.
What was discussed?
- Quote for the day is “Cowards never start, the weak never finish, and winners never quit”
- Business listings are the listings you have online on different directories such as Google, Bing, etc.
- Google My Business is one of the most important listing for your business to be on.
- Make sure that your listings are 100% accurate.
- The consistency of these listings and where you are listed impacts your search engine rankings.
- Remember NAP – Name, Address and Phone number consistency is important.
- Where can you get citations?
- Chamber of commerce
- Industry directories
- Search on Google for your competitor’s business name, and this will show where they are listed.
- Alumni websites
- Fill out the listings as much as possible.