Episode 2: Getting Online, Buying a Domain & Setting up Hosting
What was discussed?
- Quote of the day, “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” John Wooden
- Choose your domain name.
- Domain name is the website address, often called a url.
- 2 types of Domain names are keyword based and branded domain.
- Branded domain name are easier to remember for your patients and potential patients.
- Choose a TLD (Top level domains) eg. .com, .net .co. Recommended is .com.
- Buy Domain names at Godaddy, Hostgator and Namecheap.
- Hosting is the real estate that your website sits on on the internet.
- Examples of hosting providers include Hostgator, (use coupon code healthcarepodcast25 for 25% off your order) Bluehost, Arvixe (My recommendation) Godaddy and Veerotech.