How Dentists Can Use Visual Content To Improve Their Online Presence
Visual content such as videos, photos, and infographics are increasingly important for dentists who participate in online marketing. You can use visual content to improve all aspects of your online presence, from your website conversions to your social media reach.
In this post, we’ll briefly explore how and why dentists should leverage different types of visual media online to promote your dental practice brand.
Why Should Dentists Create Visual Content?
Simply put, visual content is a more effective way to meet your online marketing goals compared to text alone. Visual content, not words, is what drives “likes” and “follows.” Visual content is how you as a dentist can communicate with the most potential patients online.
Visual content is how you as a dentist can communicate with the most potential patients online.
Consider these stats from WSOL Blog:
- The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it can decode text
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites, and 150% more retweets than plain text tweets
- Compelling visual elements result in a 37% increase in engagement from targeted customers
Visual content drives online engagement (Infographic source)
When it comes to using photos and videos in your online marketing materials, there is really no limit to what you can achieve with it.
How Dentists Can Leverage Photos
As follows are some specific ways you can use photos across your website, social profiles, and other online marketing materials:
- Include photos of your office and staff on your dental website
- Include before/after photos on your website
- Include optimized images in your blog posts for better search engine appeal
- Add photos to all your online business profiles, from Yelp to Google +
- Post photo albums (e.g., of your office staff having fun) on Facebook
- Post photos to Instagram, which is now more popular for brand marketing than Facebook
- Incorporate photos in your marketing emails and landing pages
- Incorporate photos in your dental Facebook ads
Add photos to Yelp for a more appealing business profile.
Show off your practice’s fun, personable side on Instagram.
Ways Dentists Can Leverage Video
Video marketing is a new frontier for a lot of dentists, but technology has made it easy to leverage video to market your dental practice much in the same way you can with photos. Here’s how:
- Get active on YouTube (learn more about YouTube for dentists)
- Include informational videos about your procedures, staff, etc. on your website
- Post your own videos to Facebook, Twitter, and other social sites
- Upload short video “snippets” to Instagram and Vine
- Make a fun staff video with “viral potential”
- Make FAQ videos where you answer patients’ frequently asked questions
- Incorporate videos in your dental marketing emails and landing pages
- Share other publishers’ dental-related videos on your social profiles
Other Visual Content for Dentists
Photos and videos comprise the bulk of visual content, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box with other types of visual content, such as infographics and animations.
Infographics — Visual “information snacks” that are highly shareable on social media
Rich media ads — Online advertisements that can incorporate images/videos/animations
Animated GIFs — Short, shareable animations
Comics and memes — Make your own or share/retweet other dental-related comics/memes
One thing to note about including visual content on your website is that you don’t want to make the design too “busy” or else your site will load slowly, especially on mobile devices. You also don’t want to use Flash animations, as these don’t render on touch-based devices. Find more information in our blog post about mobile-optimized dentist websites.
Your dental practice might use the latest dental technologies, but if you want to keep your appointment book full, you also need to use the latest online marketing technologies. This means including visual content into virtually all of your digital marketing efforts. As a result, you’ll grow your online following and increase the engagement on your calls to action.
For help creating a visual-optimized web presence for your dental practice, contact us for a consultation and you can find out what you can do to get started.